Donald Jay Elggren died peacefully October 28, 2003.
He was born May 31, 1915 to Lorenzo Edward Elggren and Flossie Elizabeth Ossman.
Don attended the U of U and served in England as an LDS missionary. Married his sweetheart Maurine Spencer in the Salt Lake Temple Dec. 26, 1935. She died April 1, 1995. They worked in Washington, D.C. in the very early part of their marriage, then moved back to Salt Lake City where Don worked with his dad for the Mars Candy Co. He started his own food brokerage business Don Elggren & Co. which he led for many years with Maurine at his side until his retirement. Don enjoyed family, golf, gardening, good food, great music, his children, grandchildren and great- grandchildren. Don and Maurine enjoyed wonderful friendships throughout the years including the "Meet & Eat Group" and the Bridge Club. Don had a wonderful baritone voice and sang often, much to the delight of his family and friends.
Survivors include children, Mardy (Allen) Erekson, D. Jay (Bailey), Leslee (Don) Blatter, and Ted (Linda); 18 grandchildren; 30 great-grand-children; and three brothers, Ossie, Steve, and Dave Elggren. Preceded in death by his wife, parents, and three sisters, Elaine Thompson, Flo Rooklidge and Marjean Richards.
Services will be held Saturday, November 1st, 10 a.m., at Larkin Sunset Gardens, 1950 E. 10600 So. in Sandy, where a visitation will be held that morning from 9:00 -9:45 a.m. Interment, Holladay Memorial Park.
We wish to thank the wonderful staff at Sandy Regional Health Care for their kindness and caring of Don and support of his family.
- 'Meet the Mormons' reaches $4.5 million mark,...
- Updated newborn screening test picks up rare...
- Stay lifted on adoptions by same-sex parents...
- District attorney asks A.G. to consider...
- Several national parks vandalized, including...
- Two killed in high-speed, fiery crash into...
- 2 hospitalized after 6-car pileup in Centerville
- 3 reasons Utah is a great place for students
- Utahns support bill making clear clergy... 126
- Utahns not as strongly opposed to... 97
- Stay lifted on adoptions by same-sex... 75
- Love not attending Salt Lake City... 61
- GOP senators, congressmen offer support... 45
- Group meeting in Salt Lake to plan 2015... 34
- 'Meet the Mormons' reaches $4.5 million... 31
- Support for statewide nondiscrimination... 19