1937 ~ 2003
Our loving, wife, mother, grandmother, sister, and dear friend, Christa Maria Heidenreich Davis, 66, passed away Monday, August 18, 2003.
Born May 4, 1937 in Wiese-Gräflich, Germany to Paul and Anna Schweter Heidenreich. Married LeRoy Alan Davis on February 9, 1962 in Nurnberg, Germany.
Christa came to America in 1963, and lived in Provo for the past 40 years.
Christa was an accomplished bowler receiving many awards. She was a very giving mother. She was very involved with her grandkids and took great joy in having them around. She was very meticulous about her yard. Christa was always crocheting something. Christa looked forward to the yearly October Fest, as well as visiting family in Germany. She became a U.S. citizen in 1998.
Christa was educated in Germany. She worked as a clerk in a major department store. Christa had a daycare in her home in Provo for many years, touching many young lives.
Christa is survived by her husband LeRoy Alan Davis; children: Mike (Cheney) Davis, Karin (Kirk) Meyer, Nancy Davis; 13 grandkids: Tony Paulson, Austin, Dillon, Alora, Breanna, and KayLee Davis, Kristin, Dustin, Alissa, and Nicole Duke, and Heather Meyer. Preceded in death by her parents; two brothers and one sister; and a grandson, Ryan Hansen.
The family would like to thank LDS and UVRMC hospitals, Utah Valley Dialysis, and Vista Care for the gracious care. Christa was thankful for the gift of a kidney she received from her daughter, Nancy, and was able to live more comfortable this last year of her wonderful life.
Funeral services will be Friday, August 22, 2003 at 11 a.m. in the Sunset 10th Ward LDS Chapel, 1402 S. 570 W., Provo. Friends may call on Thurs. evening, August 21, 2003, from 6-8 p.m. at Walker Mortuary, 85 East 300 South, Provo, and on Friday at the church from 9:45-10:45 a.m. prior to the services.
Condolences may be sent to www.walkerfamilymortuaries.com.
- Jenna Kim Jones: The new, cool face of Mormonism
- Missing oilfield worker's body found near Vernal
- Researchers: Patients have only themselves to...
- We were there: See Deseret News front pages...
- Chris and Sally Mart create a refuge for...
- Love not attending Salt Lake City Rotary Club...
- Rock climber falls to his death at Zion...
- Friend says wrong-way driver 'wasn't in his...
- Utahns not as strongly opposed to... 79
- Love not attending Salt Lake City... 58
- Federal government extends same-sex... 37
- Autopsy shows man posed no threat to... 23
- Jenna Kim Jones: The new, cool face of... 20
- Police arrest 3 suspected of... 15
- Risque video shoots trigger... 14
- Housing recovery slowest since World... 12