The Utah Department of Transportation and the operators of the Adams Avenue Parkway toll road have reached an agreement to provide an alternate route for motorists during an upcoming paving project on U.S. 89.
The toll road will be open to motorists, free of charge, while the project is under way.
The project will take place Tuesday through Friday and will affect traffic on U.S. 89 from South Weber Drive in South Weber to Harrison Boulevard in South Ogden.
Southbound motorists can access the toll road via Adams Avenue from Washington Boulevard. Northbound motorists can take westbound I-84 in South Weber to exit 85.
"We encourage motorists to use the alternate as it will not only save them time but also possible vehicle damage from rock chips used in the resurfacing operation," said UDOT Project Manager Bill Gooch.
Motorists choosing to drive through the construction zone should expect single-lane traffic and heavy delays.
- Lessons from Napa: Earthquake warns Utahns of...
- Man stole ring, woman swallowed it, police say
- Bluffdale homeowner becomes victim of...
- Doug Robinson: The Birdman of Utah
- About Utah: A Salt Lake hit for 152 years ......
- World-renowned rock art in Utah is younger...
- Duchesne County man pleads guilty to federal...
- Part police cruiser, part taxi,...
- Becky Lockhart serious about... 31
- Gay rights activists to fight charges... 22
- Police reviewing possible nightclub... 16
- Solar energy users claim victory as... 14
- Gov.: Elected officials need to serve... 10
- U. tailgating carries tradition of... 10
- Lessons from Napa: Earthquake warns... 10
- Missionary, police testify against man... 8