The Utah Department of Transportation and the operators of the Adams Avenue Parkway toll road have reached an agreement to provide an alternate route for motorists during an upcoming paving project on U.S. 89.
The toll road will be open to motorists, free of charge, while the project is under way.
The project will take place Tuesday through Friday and will affect traffic on U.S. 89 from South Weber Drive in South Weber to Harrison Boulevard in South Ogden.
Southbound motorists can access the toll road via Adams Avenue from Washington Boulevard. Northbound motorists can take westbound I-84 in South Weber to exit 85.
"We encourage motorists to use the alternate as it will not only save them time but also possible vehicle damage from rock chips used in the resurfacing operation," said UDOT Project Manager Bill Gooch.
Motorists choosing to drive through the construction zone should expect single-lane traffic and heavy delays.
- The pimple dilemma: To pop or not to pop
- Dad who placed ad for a wife for his son gets...
- Prosecutors: Dad, son fleeing police killed...
- Quiz: Name that movie (filmed in Utah)
- Quiz: Who said it?: Utah coaches edition
- Quiz: Which Utah attraction should you road...
- Quiz: Which epic Airbnb in Utah should be...
- Police shoot, critically injure 'prime...
- Gov. Gary Herbert calls margin of... 41
- 45 new locations open to provide free... 38
- Misty Snow likely to advance to general... 34
- Supreme Court abortion decision could... 31
- Arches Health Plan shutdown leaves $33... 30
- Rep. Love hosts poverty discussion with... 18
- History-making transgender U.S. Senate... 17
- Old West showdown? Freeway cattle drive... 15