The Utah Department of Transportation and the operators of the Adams Avenue Parkway toll road have reached an agreement to provide an alternate route for motorists during an upcoming paving project on U.S. 89.
The toll road will be open to motorists, free of charge, while the project is under way.
The project will take place Tuesday through Friday and will affect traffic on U.S. 89 from South Weber Drive in South Weber to Harrison Boulevard in South Ogden.
Southbound motorists can access the toll road via Adams Avenue from Washington Boulevard. Northbound motorists can take westbound I-84 in South Weber to exit 85.
"We encourage motorists to use the alternate as it will not only save them time but also possible vehicle damage from rock chips used in the resurfacing operation," said UDOT Project Manager Bill Gooch.
Motorists choosing to drive through the construction zone should expect single-lane traffic and heavy delays.
- Woman dies, husband critically injured in...
- 9 things I wish I had known before my mission
- Precedents — and exceptions — to...
- Small group of Ordain Women supporters gather...
- The truth about addiction
- Missing 18-month-old Layton boy found...
- Man injured in police shooting identified
- 'Teacherpreneur,' a new role in the world of...
- Hatch calls shutting down government... 68
- Chaffetz expected to announce he's... 49
- Federal judge halts Herbert directive... 39
- New Medicaid expansion plan unveiled to... 27
- Is convicted killer innocent? Group... 24
- Gun control laws won't stop mass... 23
- Herbert, other governors slam federal... 20
- Woman said she felt protected in ordeal... 19