The Utah Department of Transportation and the operators of the Adams Avenue Parkway toll road have reached an agreement to provide an alternate route for motorists during an upcoming paving project on U.S. 89.
The toll road will be open to motorists, free of charge, while the project is under way.
The project will take place Tuesday through Friday and will affect traffic on U.S. 89 from South Weber Drive in South Weber to Harrison Boulevard in South Ogden.
Southbound motorists can access the toll road via Adams Avenue from Washington Boulevard. Northbound motorists can take westbound I-84 in South Weber to exit 85.
"We encourage motorists to use the alternate as it will not only save them time but also possible vehicle damage from rock chips used in the resurfacing operation," said UDOT Project Manager Bill Gooch.
Motorists choosing to drive through the construction zone should expect single-lane traffic and heavy delays.
- 2 homes, 3 other buildings damaged in...
- How new technology is reshaping pacemakers
- Why Pioneer Day is so important to Utahns
- Friction over Trump between GOP, Utah...
- Too many boaters not stopping for quagga...
- Jordan board calls for special bond election...
- Family of slain man who killed police K9...
- Crash launches engine 100 feet, but seat belt...
- Utah delegates finally stand and cheer... 93
- Utah GOP delegates finally fired up... 74
- Friction over Trump between GOP, Utah... 64
- The day after: Lee defends Cruz at GOP... 30
- Should mountain biking be allowed in... 28
- Prosecutor rails on DOJ handling of... 18
- Local government board fostered... 16
- 2 charged in attack on gay men;... 14