The Utah Department of Transportation and the operators of the Adams Avenue Parkway toll road have reached an agreement to provide an alternate route for motorists during an upcoming paving project on U.S. 89.
The toll road will be open to motorists, free of charge, while the project is under way.
The project will take place Tuesday through Friday and will affect traffic on U.S. 89 from South Weber Drive in South Weber to Harrison Boulevard in South Ogden.
Southbound motorists can access the toll road via Adams Avenue from Washington Boulevard. Northbound motorists can take westbound I-84 in South Weber to exit 85.
"We encourage motorists to use the alternate as it will not only save them time but also possible vehicle damage from rock chips used in the resurfacing operation," said UDOT Project Manager Bill Gooch.
Motorists choosing to drive through the construction zone should expect single-lane traffic and heavy delays.
- 5 Browns sisters to promote bill on statute...
- High school student found dead near Draper...
- 14 things you didn't know about dreams
- Teen injured in Memorial Day crash dies
- Ex-teacher who abused students asks judge not...
- Heavy rains in Utah fail to wash away drought
- Vernal man accused of beating puppy with a bat
- We're not in Utah anymore — photos of...
- Gov. Herbert stepping up pressure on... 44
- Utahns cheer, jeer appeals court's... 42
- 5 Browns sisters to promote bill on... 39
- Utah Attorney General's office moves to... 25
- Heavy rains in Utah fail to wash away... 24
- Grantsville residents tell Prison... 23
- Parents of teen who died in overdose... 17
- Salt Lake City leaders announce... 15