ST. GEORGE, UT
- Mark Curtiss Lofthouse, age 25, passed away Thursday, August 14, 2003, in Veyo, Utah.
He was born Jan 9, 1978, in Salt Lake City, UT to Merrill Lofthouse and Dawn Blatchley Lofthouse. Mark grew up in West Valley, UT. He graduated in 1996 from Dixie High School, in St. George. Mark was an extremely hard worker and took great pride in his work, and was considered an artist in his concrete abilities. He was well known as Decorative Concrete Specialists (DCS).
Mark greatly loved his son, Hunter, Jessica, his family, and his dog. He enjoyed boating on Lake Powell, riding his Harley, and being in the outdoors. Often what Mark would describe as a perfect day, would be filled with hard work, fishing and time with his family. He was suddenly taken from us to explore new heights, travel back roads and experience new adventures.
Mark will be greatly missed by his significant other, Jessica, St. George; son, Hunter Lofthouse, St. George; mother, Dawn Lofthouse, West Valley City, UT; father, Merrill (Erlynn) Lofthouse, South Jordan, UT; three brothers, Mike (Heather) Lofthouse, Las Vegas, NV, Matt (Julien) Loft-house, St. George, Mason Lofthouse, St. George; three sisters, Kaylynn (Brad) Beyer, Layton, UT, Kris (Jim) Palmer, West Valley City, UT, Kimm Lofthouse, Salt Lake City, UT; many nieces and nephews; grandmother, Mary Blatchley, Sierra Vista, AZ; and dog, Jade.
He touched the lives and brought great adventures to those lucky enough to meet him. Mark, your mischievous smile, sense of humor and generosity will be missed by all of us. We love you.
"You only live once and if you do it right, once is enough. I did it right. I'll see you when I see you. Till then, remember who you are and what you stand for."
Memorial services will be Tues. Aug 19, 2003, 7 p.m. at Spilsbury & Beard Mortuary Chapel, 110 S. Bluff St. Arrangements are under the direction of Spilsbury & Beard Mortuary, 673-2454. In lieu of flowers the family has set up a trust at Zion's Bank in the name of Mark's son, Hunter Lofthouse. Friends and family are invited to offer their condolences at www.spilsburybeard.com. Click on the dove.
- LDS missionaries developing strategies to...
- Rare snowstorm traps I-15 motorists overnight...
- Snow wreaks havoc across state, curbs travel...
- Police officer suicide needs to be addressed,...
- John Swallow lost computer hard drive on...
- Flu season off and running in Utah; H1N1...
- Charges: Magna mom got 13-year-old son drunk
- 'Deseret News Sunday Edition' looks at Sharia...
- Utah judge could be first to rule on... 114
- LDS missionaries developing strategies... 63
- Federal website fixes allowing more... 44
- Tea Party Express endorses Sen. Mike... 28
- As winter takes hold, needs increase... 27
- Utahns react to death of Nelson Mandela 26
- Gov. Gary Herbert unveils $13.3 billion... 18
- Expelling Santa from school? Holiday... 16