Katherine Sue Ashby Ashby, age 34, died April 27, 1990, in a small plane crash with five good friends on their way to a Sweet Adelines competition doing one of the things she loved most.
Born January 8, 1956, in Pueblo, Colorado, a daughter of Ralph E. and LaRae Johnson Ashby. Raised in Taylorsville, Utah. Married Mitch Ashby, March 28, 1975, in the Salt Lake LDS Temple. Member of the LDS Church. Graduate of Cottonwood High School in 1974. Loved all music, especially her association with the Mountain Jubilees Chorus of the Sweet Adelines organization, where she was assistant director. Very active in Young Women's organization all her life, especially with sports program and as camp director. Her smile, enthusiasm, and loving nature will be missed by all who knew her. We love you, Kathy!Survived by: Husband, two daughters and one son, Stephanie, Travis, Krista, all of Murray; father, Ralph E. Ashby; mother, LaRae Frew; grandparents, Gloria Ashby; Luke S. and Hattie Johnson; two brothers and three sisters, Kerry, Bryan, Jana Mabey, Lori Skinner, Julie Harman; many loving aunts, uncles, nieces and nephews. Reunited with her two children who preceded her in death, Matthew and Lisa.
Memorial services will be held Thursday, 12 noon, 2522 East 6710 So., Salt Lake City, at Cottonwood Heights 4th Ward Building. Children's preference is that in lieu of flowers, donations be made to trust fund at Zion's Bank, 23rd East and Fort Union Boulevard. Under the direction of McDougal Golden Rule Funeral Home. Interment to be announced at a later time.
T 5/1 N3 5/1
- Father says daughter was stabbed 46 times
- Utahns support bill making clear clergy don't...
- Conrad Truman found guilty of murdering wife...
- GOP senators, congressmen offer support to...
- Group meeting in Salt Lake to plan 2015 World...
- Two men charged with vandalizing LDS church...
- 3 'scary' medical problems for kids
- Jenna Kim Jones: The new, cool face of Mormonism
- Utahns support bill making clear clergy... 105
- Utahns not as strongly opposed to... 96
- Love not attending Salt Lake City... 61
- GOP senators, congressmen offer support... 42
- Group meeting in Salt Lake to plan 2015... 31
- Jenna Kim Jones: The new, cool face of... 20
- Support for statewide nondiscrimination... 19
- Owens participates in Rotary Club... 17