OKLAHOMA CITY Jazz power forward Paul Millsap planned to have an MRI exam performed on his bruised right knee this afternoon here.
"It still don't feel right," said Millsap, who bruised the knee when he knocked it against one of teammate Kyle Korver's in a win over Detroit last Saturday and did not play in Monday's home win over Indiana as a result. "I feel like it's not getting (any) better, so I'm going to get it checked out today.
"I hope it's just a (bruise), just taking a little bit of time to heal."
Millsap said the joint hurts more than when he hyperextended his left knee and sprained its posterior cruciate ligament an injury that caused him to miss three games late last month.
"When I run and jump on it," he said, "it hurts a lot."
Having the knee drained of excess fluid on Monday afternoon didn't help at all, Millsap added.
Millsap is not expected to play when the 23-15 Jazz open a four-game trip here against the Oklahoma City Thunder.
Neither is small forward C.J. Miles, who remains out with a sprained right ankle.
Miles anticipates missing his third straight game tonight, and now hopes to play when Utah visits Memphis on Friday night.
Point guard Deron Williams does plan to play despite a bruised left foot that kept him out of practice Tuesday.With Millsap and Miles both out, combo guard Ronnie Price and usual sixth-man forward Andrei Kirilenko again are expected to join Williams, swingman Ronnie Brewer and center Mehmet Okur in the Jazz's starting lineup.
- Jazz knock off Thunder in emotional game with...
- BYU defense has ‘a long ways to go’
- Former Jazz big man Enes Kanter goes off,...
- Utah State set to hire assistant Tim Duryea...
- Brad Rock: The unforgettable Hot Rod Hundley
- Photo gallery: BYU rugby blanks Utah State in...
- 5 things you may have missed at BYU...
- Dick Harmon: Nomadic hoops coach Tony Ingle...
- A not-so-Sweet 16 for the Runnin' Utes... 121
- Former Jazz big man Enes Kanter goes... 38
- Brad Rock: Utes shouldn't feel bad, in... 34
- Utes went down swinging in Sweet 16... 33
- BYU defense has ‘a long ways to... 25
- Dick Harmon: BYU's spring football... 23
- Jazz knock off Thunder in emotional... 21
- AP All-Americans: Utah's Wright named... 20