A woman was found dead in a trailer Tuesday morning at a Farr West house where sheriff's deputies have previously responded to reports of domestic violence. Read more »
There is no statistically significant link between saturated fat and heart disease. Does this statement surprise you? Would it make you feel better while you enjoy a juicy cheeseburger or a creamy... Read more »
The gunman who killed nine people at an Oregon community college last week complained in writings he left behind that everyone else was crazy and ranted about not having a girlfriend, a law... Read more »
U.S. forces attacked a hospital in northern Afghanistan last weekend, killing at least 22 people, despite "rigorous" U.S. military procedures designed to avoid such mistakes, the top commander of... Read more »
Deseret News Sports Podcast: Breaking down Utah-Cal game and the wild Pac-12 with ESPN.comís Kyle Bonagura
ESPN.com Pac-12 football writer Kyle Bonagura joins the podcast to discuss Utahís rise to power, whether or not it's a surprise of other conference teams and the importance that Saturdayís game. Read more »
Morning links: 'Big 12' cartoon features BYU, Utah, Utah State; U.'s commit's unique family profiled; RSL 'charm' featured
Cartoon circulated during LDS general conference pokes fun at Cougars; After the death of both mother and father, Semisi Lauaki and his brothers are taken in by fellow LDS ward members; Jeff... Read more »
Jazz forward finding his strength, and Utah coaches and teammates are marveling. Read more »
Rep. Jason Chaffetz, R-Utah, who said Monday his bid to become U.S. House speaker is a "long shot," may not have the support of the rest of Utah's congressional delegation. Read more »
NATO's secretary-general on Tuesday rejected Moscow's claim that its military incursion into alliance airspace over Turkey wasn't intentional or important, saying there were two separate incidents... Read more »
Various polls and new stories make it sound as if religion in America is in its death throes. It's easy to lose sight of the reality that most people do have religious convictions. ... Read more »
The Affordable Care Act is set to put a 40 percent tax on expensive health care plans offered by employers. Many politicians now want to repeal it, though many argue this "Cadillac Tax" is key for... Read more »
Charging off a debt doesn’t mean that the right to collect has been given up or revoked. ... They don’t think they’re going to collect, but it doesn’t mean that the legal... Read more »
- Where to find the savings at warehouse clubs...
- Boston-bound airline pilot from West Jordan...
- 185th Semiannual General Conference talk...
- Gary Crowton resigns as SUU offensive...
- Hayward looking like Captain America early in...
- Sunday School leader apologizes for...
- Magic happens: Former BYU receiver Austin...
- Vernal man charged after 2 bizarre burglaries...
- Morning links: Phil Steele discusses... 72
- Mitt Romney Sundance film gives... 66
- Gunman opens fire at Oregon college; at... 64
- Mike Sorensen: Pac-12 lays an egg in... 63
- 'A terrible day' - 9 killed by gunman... 61
- Letter: Romancing the gun 57
- College football: Utes climb to No. 5... 55
- With difficult September schedule over,... 55